The Village of Enville
The earliest recorded name of the village was Efnefeld, and under that name it is entered in Domesday Book, the first part comes from the Welsh ‘cefn’ a Welsh word meaning “ridge” or “hillside”. The nearby Kinver derives from the same word.
The tiny village consists of The Cat public house, a post office, a general store, an antique shop and around 100 houses. St Mary’s Church stands to the west of the village. The present ornate tower was built in 1871, when the original tower was taken down. Evidence of an earlier church on the site is to be found in a small stone figure of Saxon origin built into the arcading above the south aisle. The church has a Norman nave (about AD 1100) and a transitional chancel (built by Roger de Birmingham, AD 1272-1307) and despite extensive restorations in 1749 and 1871 the distinguishing features remain. The church also contains four, 15th century misericords, which are placed on either side of the choir stalls.
Kinver village is only a 5 minute drive away which has an infant school, junior school and high school, doctors, 2 dentists, shops etc.
There is an abundance of footpaths and bridleways on the Estate.