European Union General Data Protection Regulations
The EU GDPR is designed to help all of us have more control over our personal data, and how is it used.
Who does the GDPR apply to?
Data subjects, being all visitors and users of any website who are members of the European Union and who submit any personal data. ENVILLE AND STALYBRIDGE ESTATES
are the data processor and data controller of this site. You can find out more about this law here.
ENVILLE AND STALYBRIDGE ESTATES
(Mrs A D Williams, Mrs E Bissill – Enville Estate, Reversionary Share Estates, Stayley Developments Limited, Tipeasy Limited)
Estates Office, Enville, Near Stourbridge, West Midlands DY7 5HD Telephone (01384) 872635 ~ Facsimile (01384) 877748
Effective from 25th May, 2018
Enville and Stalybridge Estates is the company or person who collects any personal data submitted through envilleestate.com.
We may update this policy periodically, please check this page to ensure that you are in agreement with any changes.
Why we hold and process information
This policy sets out why we hold and process information about you. We process personal information about you, as necessary, to provide our services, so we can provide residential accommodation, undertake commercial and agricultural lettings, let shooting days, sales of agricultural and forestry products, and other services related to our traditional Estates.
- dealing with lettings/ processing bookings/ purchases and sales;
- dealing with applications for tenancies;
- checking suitability for tenancies (including credit, immigration and similar checks);
- managing property;
- collecting rent;
- maintaining our accounts and records;
- dealing with tenancy deposits; and
- recruiting staff
Relevant information may include personal details, employment and education details and financial details.
By law, we have to carry out immigration checks on new tenants and residents. We have to keep copies of the documents we inspect as part of these checks. We hold and process data in order to fulfil our contractual relationship, legitimate interests, legal obligations (to include employment laws) and any vital interest and where direct consent has been granted.
Sharing information with others
We may need to share personal information we process with others. If we have to do this, we will keep to data-protection legislation, and only retain this data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
Depending on the circumstances, we may share information with:
- other landlords/ guarantors;
- educational institutions, universities and colleges;
- suppliers (including gas, electricity and water companies) and service providers;
- financial organisations (including banks);
- credit and tenant reference agencies;
- tenancy deposit schemes;
- debt-collection and tracing agencies;
- public and government bodies (including those who deal with benefits and council tax);
- contractors and repairers;
- accountants and IT support companies
- letting and managing agents; and
- any future owner of the property
This does not mean that we necessarily share information with all of the above, but we may do so if we need to.
Why we use your personal information
We may use the personal information you give us in a number of ways, for example to decide whether to let the property to you; to prevent fraud, for accounting and auditing purposes, for managing property or for debt collection.
Right to gather information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information if this is not accurate. You may also ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continuing to process it. To ask for this information, please write to us or email us.
In our commitment to ensuring that your information is secure and to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Data is stored on a secure cloud-based server or on a secure, password protected computer with limited user access.
- Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk.
- We have procedures including passwords, restricted access and other security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
- Enville and Stalybridge Estates will NEVER pass on your personal data to third parties without first getting your explicit consent.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously opted-in to a mailing list, or provided other information, you can find out what information we hold, and ask us to remove or not to use any of it, by emailing email@example.com
- If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any inaccurate information.
Estates Office, Enville, Near Stourbridge, West Midlands DY7 5HD
The UK supervisory authority for data protection issues:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns
User and Event Data Retention
We use Google Analytics to find out what content works best for our users. User-level and event-level data associated with Google Analytics cookies is retained for 14 months and then automatically deleted. Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Analytics can install the Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
We have implemented IP Anonymization, simply put, the last three digits of your IP address are set to zeros in memory shortly after being sent to the Analytics Collection Network. The full IP address is never written retained, or written to disk.